INSENSION is a 3-year research and innovation project carried out within the ICT-23-2017 call of the EC’s Horizon 2020 programme.
Our ambition is to develop a new technology enabling a multimodal user interface for people with very challenging type of disability. This technology is aimed at enabling digital services to people with profound and multiple learning disabilities who are unable to interact using symbolic means of communication and who previously have not been able to use such ICT technologies directly.
Specific objectives of the INSENSION project are the following:
- Design, develop and validate the ecological method for the sampling of non-symbolic behavioural signalling of people with PMLD.
- Develop the technology to recognize the relevant non-symbolic behavioural signalling of people with PMLD.
- Develop methods to recognize and act upon the user’s ‘intent’ based on the signalling behaviours.
- Build an ICT-based interaction platform capable of personalized detection of the signalling behaviours to provide services to people with PMLD.
- Develop a number of services as examples of the developed solution’s application use cases
- Validate the developed platform in real-life scenarios.
- Develop business models for practical exploitation of the platform.
Project title: Personalized intelligent platform enabling interaction with digital services to individuals with profound and multiple learning disabilities
Project duration: 01/01/2018 – 31/12/2020
Project budget: 2,255,875 EUR
Project Coordinator: Michał Kosiedowski (PSNC)