In the INSENSION project we are working to design and develop an ICT platform that enables persons
with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD) to use digital applications and services that can:
- improve the quality of their life,
- increase their ability to self-determination,
- enrich their life.
The platform to be developed will be the user interface for persons with PMLD to process the information collected from the world around them and to communicate their needs to others with the use of advanced technologies previously not available to them.
For this purpose we are planning to use and advance the following technologies:
- Gesture recognition,
- Facial expression recognition,
- Vocalization recognition,
- Unobtrusive physiological parameters monitoring,
- Internet of Things,
- Behaviour pattern recognition.